Terms and conditions
· The content of the Fictionfire website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
· Neither I nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or error and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
· Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which I shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
· This website contains material I own, including the design, layout, look, appearance, photographic images and graphics I own or have licensed. Reproduction of website materials is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
· Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
· From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that I endorse the website(s). I have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). See also the website disclaimer notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
· Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
FICTIONFIRE SERVICES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
· I will treat your work in strict confidence. The copyright in your work is yours and will be respected as such. Please bear in mind that coincidences and overlaps of subject, themes and story ideas do happen. If I or any consultant working for Fictionfire is working on an idea/topic similar to yours we will inform you.
· If you submit your work to Fictionfire for appraisal, editing or consultancy advice, it will be treated with respect and consideration. I will endeavour to complete work to agreed schedules but turnaround time may be affected by unexpected complexity of the work or other factors. I will keep you informed at all times.
· I will give you the best practical advice and support I can but I cannot guarantee in any way that as a result of my input or advice your work will go on to find an agent or a publisher or be successful in a competition or be accepted as a submission to a periodical or online publication, nor do I claim that you will be able to derive any sort of income from your writing as a result of my advice, courses or services.
· I reserve the right to decline any submission of written work or request for coaching or consultancy. I also reserve the right to terminate any such agreement or relationship for any reason.
· Editorial and appraisal work will go ahead once agreed payment has been made and once the terms of our working relationship and timetable have been agreed to our mutual satisfaction. Please keep copies of any work you submit to me as I bear no responsibility for any work lost in transit.
· If you book a Fictionfire online course on my learning platform hosted by Teachable, please refer to Teachable’s terms and conditions at https://teachable.com/terms-of-use and the refund policy stated on the course details.
· If you book a live workshop, course or retreat, clear terms and conditions will be posted in the course/workshop/retreat description and acceptance of your booking will be deemed contingent on acceptance of those terms and conditions.
· I bear no responsibility for the use you make of my advice or the accuracy of my advice when given. Advice and recommendations, however challenging they may be for you to accept, will be given with in a positive, responsible manner with your best interests at heart and I will assume that you will receive them in a similar spirit.
· Unless stated otherwise, material on this site and in the Fictionfire online school is the copyright of Lorna Fergusson: you must not copy, republish, redistribute or create derivative material from the website or online school. Copyright in editorial reports and appraisals remain with Fictionfire: please ask for permission to quote from them in applications to agents or on your own blog or website.
· I reserve the right to alter fees, terms and conditions at any time.